1st Annual San Antonio Mission de Padua Photo Contest
Official Contest Rules
Contest Open to Youth (10 to 17) and Adults (18 & Over) both amateur and professional..Youth must have parental permission. Entry is FREE. San Antonio de Padua employees and Board members are not eligible. All photos must be in color and taken in San Antonio de Padua and its' environs within the last three years. The photo subject must be relevant to San Antonio de Padua in one of the following contest categories:
- Inside the Mission – photos of the inside of the Mission, not including the garden
- Outside the Mission – photos of the outside of the Mission, not including landscapes/views
- Garden – photos of the Garden
- Landscapes/vistas – views of the Mission including landscape, also views from within the Mission of the grounds or views
- Entries are color prints and digital images. Black and white images are not eligible.
- The required size of the photo is 8”x10” and should be mounted in a standard 11”x14” mat board.
- The color of the mat board by choice of the exhibitor to enhance the photo.
- Photos will not be returned. Please do not send your only copy of the photo.
- Include a disc with the photo(s) stored on it. Please label the disc with your name, address, phone and email.
- Photos need to be in *.tif or *.jpg format, at 2000 x 2500 dpi.
Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Do not submit a photo taken by someone other than yourself. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
Number of Entries
An individual may submit 2 (two) photos per category.
Photo Subject Restrictions
Photos must be appropriate for posting on a public website. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. San Antonio de Padua retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
Photos containing recognizable people must be accompanied by a signed model release form. Prior to submitting photographs, you are responsible for obtaining permission of your subjects if your work contains any material or elements that are not owned by you. San Antonio de Padua reserves the right to use the images submitted in promotional materials in conjunction with Evening in the Garden 2011 and beyond.
Return of Photos
Photos, regardless of the medium, will not be returned. Please do not send your only copy of a photo.
Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- No printed borders or frames may be added to images.
- No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to images. All winning images will be displayed with the photographer's name.
- Adding or replacing elements in an image is not permitted.
- Artistic filters are not permitted.
- Images may be cropped and rotated as necessary as long as the rectangular format is maintained and the size is within the specifications above.
- Images may be resized as long as the aspect ratio is maintained
- Red-eye removal and spot editing
- One-step enhancement (such as "AutoFix", "QuickFix", "Auto Levels", etc.)
- Use of filters to sharpen, soften, blur, despeckle, or remove noise.
- Use of corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as levels, contrast, brightness, curves, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, lightness, value, color balance, and tint.
1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention ribbons. Best of Show Ribbon. Reserve Best of Show Ribbon.
- Impact: effect on the viewer, strong emphasis on conveying the unique character of Mission San Antonio de Padua, readability, creativity of vision.
- Composition: coherent design, or engaging arrangement of elements.
- Technical Quality: Detail in highlights and shadows; sharpness; use of shutter speed, depth of field; color balance, tonal values; mastery of techniques.
- Danish Judging: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention to be awarded as deserving.
How to Enter
Email:__________________________________Adult: Amateur _____Professional_____Youth_____
(Please mark one) (age 10-17)
Categories: Inside the Mission ____ Outside the Mission ____ Garden ____ Landscape/vistas ____
Parents/Guardians signature approving the entrance of minor exhibitor.
Mail to: Mission San Antonio de Padua,
PO Box 803, Jolon, CA 93928
Placings are 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention for each category, Danish Judging. The Best in Show will be the photo used to promote “Evening in the Garden” on the poster. Winning photos will be auctioned off at “Evening in the Garden” and may be used on the “Evening in the Garden” event flyer. All photos will be available for sale on the grounds of the Mission. Proceeds thus raised will be used to retrofit the Mission to California earthquake standards so it may remain open to the public. For complete rules and eligibility, please see our website http://www.missionsanantonio.net or ask at the gift shop.
Your email/contact information will be used only to verify the validity of the content/images provided. You will not be emailed about anything other than the Image Database.
License and Indemnification
I hereby grant to San Antonio de Padua Mission a royalty-free, perpetual license to use the photographic images submitted herewith (the "Work") for any purpose whatsoever. Uses may include, but are not limited to, promotion of San Antonio de Padua Mission and their projects in any way, including on the web, in print publications, as distributed to the media, and in commercial products. San Antonio de Padua Mission reserves the right to use/not use any Work as deemed appropriate by San Antonio de Padua Mission in their sole discretion. No Work will be returned once submitted.
I understand that by filling out the entry form, I hereby acknowledge that San Antonio de Padua Mission shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for protecting my work against third party infringement of my copyright interest or other intellectual property rights or other rights I may hold in such Work, and in no way shall be responsible for any losses I may suffer as a result of any such infringement; and I hereby represent and warrant that my Work does not infringe the rights of any other individual or entity.
In exchange for valuable consideration, I do hereby unconditionally release, hold harmless and indemnify San Antonio de Padua Mission, their directors, officers, members, employees and volunteers of and from all claims, liabilities and losses arising out of or in connection with my participation in the contest, or San Antonio de Padua Mission's use of my Work. This release and indemnification shall be binding upon me, and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.